When it comes to holiday, I always over pack. I can’t help it, I think I need to take something when I really don’t and then I just never use it or wear it. Every holiday I get better at packing and narrow it down to the bare ‘Essentials’. I ask myself ‘Do I really need it?’.
I usually write a list, yes, some may say sad, I say organized. I’d only forget something like my contact lenses or my passport, so I’d rather have a checklist.
Here is a list of things I NEED:
- Suncream for face and body
- Coconut Oil for moisturising my body + hair, and removing makeup
- Shampoo + Conditioner
- Shower Gel
- Face Scrub
- Epilator/ Razor
- Tangle Teaser
- Hair styling appliance
- Contact Lense Solution + case
I love that Coconut Oil has a multiple of uses. It really cuts down on taking lots of different products.
- 1 sheer Foundation, 1 full coverage Foundation
- Setting Powder
- 1 Eyeshadow Palette
- 1 Powder Highlighter
- 1 Liquid Illuminator (Mix with suncream for all over glow)
- Mac Fix Plus (Makeup bag ‘must’)
- Setting Spray
- Waterproof Mascara
- Brow Product
- Liquid Liner
- False Lashes
- 1 Concealer
- Selection of Lipsticks, Glosses, and Pencils.
- Section of Multi-use Brushes + Beautyblender (Choosing brushes is the hardest part!)
- Lip Balm (Mac Lip Conditioner my favourite, It comes in a tube so you can just chuck it in your beach bag)
This may look like a lot of makeup, but this was narrowing it right down! I tend to wear less makeup as my face browns up.
- 3 bikinis
- 1 Coverup
- 3 Daytime outfits
- 3 Evening outfits
- Heels for the evening
- Phone Charger
- Spare Battery + Battery Charger for Camera
- Passport (Most essential!!)
- Beach Towel
- Beach Bag
This would be based on a week away in a hot destination. Obviously, if you were going to a cold destination you’d need to switch up a lot of these items to suit the climate.
What are your holiday essentials? Are you a planner or do you just chuck everything into your case last minute?